If you’re designing your leaflet yourself or having an external agency create it for you, follow these printing guidelines below.
If you have any doubt about supplying artwork, please contact the production department on 020 8939 5602.
- Maximum size: 475mm x 300mm
- Minimum size: 148mm x 105mm
- For binding purposes, it is recommended that any loose inserts will be 15mm smaller on both the width and depth than the finished product
- No loose inserts can be undertaken for parallel (A5) work
- Minimum bulk of 2pp on 115gsm
- Maximum bulk of 32pp on 60gsm
- Maximum number of loose inserts on each line is six per title
- The pagination of an individual loose insert should be no more than 32 pages
- The minimum thickness of a single sheet loose insert should be no less than 100gsm
- All loose inserts of 4 pages are fed into the publication spine first
- All loose inserts should be at least 15mm smaller on edges (head, foot and foredge) than the trim size of the magazine
- Maximum size: 475 x 300mm
- Minimum size: 148mm x 105mm
- Minimum guard: 115mm/lap 10mm
An additional 3mm must be added at the spine edge for milling.
An additional allowance must be added to the foredge, head and tail as trimming allowance on bound-in inserts, which are maximum product size. The size of the allowance is dependant upon the particular publication requirements and should be obtained from the factory prior to the inserts being printed.
The required head or tail trim must be added depending on the way in which the publication is to be bound for inserts which are not maximum product size
All live matter must be at least 6mm from any trimmed edges. Minimum single leaf thickness of any perfect bound insert should be no less than 130 gsm.
It should be noted that it is not practical to place single leaf bound insert or 4pp section inside the front cover as section one, or inside back cover as final section. In situations where it is imperative that the single leaf insert or 4pp section must bind adjacent to either IFC or IBC, an additional charge may be made as a result of reduced running speeds on our high-speed binding line.
Inserts must arrive directly to our printers between the hours of 10am and 1pm Monday-Friday. Inserts will only be accepted within two weeks of publication date.
ALL INSERTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A DELIVERY NOTE WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Booking reference number (given by sales representative at time of booking)
- The name of the publication in which the insert is to be used
- The publication date and/or issue number
- Client’s name
- Any applicable insert code number
- The quantity being delivered
- The total number of boxes and/or pallets supplied
- The suppliers name and address
- Quantity of inserts sent to the Printers will not be checked and will be taken at the value as stated on the delivery note
** DELIVERIES MAY BE REFUSED IF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES ARE NOT ADHERED TO **