Tennis is a great sport to take up. Athletic, social, enjoyable – there are lots of reasons to head to one of the many clubs around. All you need is a racket and some tennis balls, so why not get out there and give it a go?
Surrey Sports Park
- A superb location for, among other sports, tennis, the Surrey Sports Park also has exceptional gym equipment and swimming facilities, and an extensive list of classes and courses to attend.
- Although part of the University of Surrey, it is open to non-students and non-members.
- That the park is the training home for London 2012 athletes and the Harlequins rugby team speaks to the quality of the sports park.
- Call on 01483 689111 or click here to find out more.
Shalford Tennis Club
- A well-equipped tennis club for players of all ages and skill.
- The club hosts tournaments, matches and social events all year round, so there’s always something going on.
- The club is a fully-accredited Clubmark tennis club and has a local pro.
- For more information, call the club on 07792 761 595.
Pit Farm Tennis Club
- Boasting a roster of over 400 members, Pit Farm Tennis Club also has top class facilities.
- The club has a total of six all-weather courts with floodlights and a clubhouse fitted with a licensed bar and kitchen.
- There is also a programme of social events throughout the year to get involved in.
- Click here or call 01483 562148 to find out more.
Woking Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club
- Set amidst the tranquil surroundings of Hook Heath, Woking Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (WLTCC) provides tonnes to do.
- There are 18 tennis courts, 2 croquet courts and one bowling green.
- Their calendar is also stocked with plenty of social events as well.
- Call on 01483 730 104 or click here to see their website.
Badshot Lea Tennis Club
- A smaller club, with just two tennis courts, best for local users.
- Badshot Lea sits on the outskirts of Farnham and brands itself as more of a centre for “social tennis”, fit for beginners or experienced players.
- The club does, however. run coaching sessions, which you can find out more about by calling 07769 820 938 or by looking at the website (click here).