(Image courtesy of East Molesey Rowing Club)
Kingston and Elmbridge and the surrounding area is great for getting out onto the river. Rowing is a particularly favourite pastime in the area whether it be for leisure or competition, individually or with others.
Kingston Rowing Club
- Kingston’s proximity to the Thames makes it an ideal rowing town.
- The senior squad has a rich history of success, cementing the clubs place in the upper echelons of rowing clubs in Britain.
- To find out more about the club and how to join, call the club on 020 8546 8592 or click here to see their site.
East Molesey Rowing Club
- With an active membership of over 700, aged from 12 to 81, East Molesey’s is one of the most diverse and prestigious in the area.
- Its portion of the Thames, up-river and non-tidal, allows it to be a great spot for all varieties of rowing.
- To find out more about the club, click here or call 0208 979 6583.
Walton Rowing Club
- The club is situated on the Thames between Sunbury Lock and Shepperton Lock.
- They run a variety of introductory rowing courses from Easter and through to the summer months when the weather is warmer and there is more daylight (they do require that you can swim 50m in your clothes).
- Click here for membership fees or to download an application form.